Header
My ventilator. Read, comment and judge me not.
   

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

General news


I have written quite a many posts in this one month that I have not updated. But reading them now, I realise that not one of them is up to the standard or well, they're all just too petty and lame. Although during this process of not blogging all the nitty ditty details of my oh-so-eventful life, I have been able to achieve the single most important objective; my blog revolves around my life rather than it being the other way around. But just today I was reading in an article somewhere how writing has helped people to heal, in emotional terms. Not that I have any 'traumas' or tragedies to battle with, but for the sake of publishing something, I'm here.

Major news first, I just got through with my mocks and I have this weekend for a little recreation, even if only self-proclaimed. A very dear cousin recently got married, actually some time in the middle of my mocks. Other than the ill-timing, it was a sweet affair. I actually enjoyed the wedding, something I have never experienced before, lol. Probably because I'm never in the attention wing in all the previous weddings that I have attended so far. The bride and groom have always seemed so distant and so above everything. But this time around, it felt very homely. I've had the time and opportunity to closely observe a few people in my life that are somewhat close to me. I've discovered traits and attitudes previously unknown and undelt. You can't oversee these aspects in advance, you can only see them clearly when you're completely submerged in the affairs. So I guess there is always something about someone that startles one at some point in life. Actually, its just a matter of time. Give everything time and it'll all be clear to you. Rushing into something and then backing down is only a hurtful path. We should all be very careful.

My parents are not in the country so I'm usually on my own these days. The independance was exhilarting, but only for a short while. You have to do everything yourself, you're your own plan-maker, make your own decisions, sleep in late, stay awake all night long, sit and do nothing at all, all day long...then what? That's all there is to it. The freedom is prized yes but on most occasions only because its something that seems unattainable. I thought if I could get some degree of independance, it would do me alot of mental good. But I think it did not. I'll always need someone to look after me. I wonder how my husband will cope. I don't know but I've become very, very lazy. And I hate that. I can't get anything done in time these days. I'm going on 19 and I expect myself to be regular and attentive, atleast to my own affairs. But guess what...I'm not bothered! I hope I don't become the brat that I see myself becoming! Must...change.

USA is planning on to attack Iran. When reporters ask Bush or his cabinet members about this rumour, they're very careful in revealing information about it. They know for sure that once its announced, terrorism will escalate world over. So they're trying to keep it a low-key affair (when its anything but that) and are just concentrating on convincing the Dumb on how important it is to carry yet another war on a Muslim country. The war's next year, if you ask me. Can anyone believe that? Weapons of mass destruction...some garbage it was. Its the twenty first century and a world super power is on a killing spree, without even giving so much as a proof. The worst part is when it tries to explain its tyranny. I know alot has been said and written but...there's hardly any change, eh. USA invaded Afghanistan, rained down bombs on cities after cities, wrecked the entire country and even four years after the invasion and restless occupation, they still haven't achieved what they set out for; catching Osama Bin Laden. He's still somewhere, hiding and planning on something, still a mystery. Next it was Iraq's turn, Saddam Hussein happened to be in possession of weapons of mass destruction. USA also had the WMD but it was alright for them because they used it for peaceful purposes like bombing Muslim countries. For committing the grave sin of possesing non-existent weapons and appearing suspicious, the iraqi civilians were killed mercilessly. Cities were plundered, mosques were targeted and life was crippled. Its unfashionable to ask whether the WMD were actually found or not because that is plain irrelevant. What's relevant is that the Iraqi people have achieved freedom from a cruel dictator even if only at the expence of their loved ones. They should be thankful for the American army that came forward out of nowhere, chewing gums, like angels from heaven and rescused them and now they're living in a state where they're even afraid to venture out on the streets in fear of being killed or kidnapped. But its worth it because Saddam Hussein is no longer running the office, instead its people who are America's puppies and will do anything to serve the interests of their Boss; Bush. That sounds like a fairly democratic goverment, no? Oh and by the way, the americans will have unlimited acess to Iraq's oil. That wasn't part of the plan but just a mere coincidence. Bush is a man of God and upholds humane values. Yeah right.


posted by Niqabi at 3:01 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Umar said...

when they invaded afghanistan, we knew iraq would be next.

when they invaded iraq, we knew iran would be next.

once they've invaded iran, syria's next.

9:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Profile
Name: Niqabi
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Occupation: Housewife
Religion: Islam
Interests: World War II, Jews, Hebrew, ancient sites, Muslim rule in Spain, revolutions, Vatican city and Islamic literature.
Books: The black album, Portofino, Ladies coupe, In beautiful disguises, The buddhist of Suburbia, The hidden life of Otto Frank.
Contact: niqabified [at] gmail [dot] com
Quote: "We plan and Allah plans and Allah is the best of planners"


Previous Posts


Bloggers