Header
My ventilator. Read, comment and judge me not.
   

Friday, September 02, 2005


Saturdays are going to be better now. Alot better. After, what seems like years, we'll finally be able to have the entire day just for ourselves, without any distasteful sociology interruptions in the morning. The teacher couldn't hack the pressure of 13 girls protesting against this horrible regime of having classes on Saturday, day after day and finally gave in. The reality will take time to sink in but I'm sure once it does, I'll be ecstatic.

In other news, our school's Headmistress didn't agree to the idea of including recitation of the Holy Quran during the assembly. I think its her own rotten attempt at being liberal. She probably thinks its all part of the broad-minded curriculam but her imitation just crossed from unpleasant to disgusting. I mean this is the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and we're not even allowed to recite Quran for two minutes. We're all mentally enslaved to such an extent that we give preferance to some random, trashy, philosophy book over the greatest book on earth. We give preferance to planting more trees than to reading Quran. We give preferance to joining some NGO for womens rights over our Holy Book. We think its better if we just don't read it at all because we need more community work than idle reading and lecturing. We don't want the almost non-existent non-muslims in our school to feel marginalised because apparently, they'll be strongly offended if we, Muslims read our book for just two minutes in the assembley. God the logic is killing me! Its so wonderfully crafted that I don't know how can I ever find the ability to challenege it.

That was our Muslim Headmistress with a Muslim name, living in a Muslim state. We're Muslims but that part of our existence should be thrown off in the background. We're Muslims but just not only in appearance, ideas and actions.


posted by Niqabi at 7:31 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Sal said...

salams, nice blog :)

9:46 AM

  Blogger Unknown said...

I've met your HM. She's a quite a bitch, excuse my French.

Aside from that, the issue you're raising will be futile from a practical POV in LGS. I doubt more than a few girls there care much about the religious aspect of our lives...so trying to amass people to really do smth abt it will be difficult. Just a presupposition...

11:54 AM

  Blogger Niqabi said...

Usman:

lol@LGS!! wo..how did you guess? Oh yes, I know nothing's really going to change her view, she's too set and old for that, I guess. And besides she's not even willing to have an argument/debate on this topic again. So no point, hence my venting on the blog :)

And your choice of word 'futile' so fits here.

6:33 AM

  Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't guess. I know your school. My sister is apparently a friend of yours. I dunno how you came to start reading my blog, but I thought she might have started you on it? Cuz once she saw your comments and blogname on my site and she said you two are classfellows...

anyways her name is S. Is house captain of some house or the other...recently went to India, before that to Karachi to particpiate in a singing competition...(not taking her full name due to obvious reasons)...other than that, loves reading and writing. Is taking her SATS in October, I think...

clues enough?

3:59 PM

  Blogger Niqabi said...

hahahhaa!!
Oh yes, ofcourse I know her!!!!
Excuse my excessive excalamtion marks:$

Nah she didn't tell me of your blog, I was orkut hopping and from S's profile got on to yours and there was this website of yours, about music or sommet and it said 'UTM' and I figured that 'tm'(becase S uses it too) is the family name but didn't know she was your sister. Khyr, from that music website I think I got onto your blog or MAYBE i got to it by blog hoppping.

But in any case the 'tm' lead to it.

11:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Profile
Name: Niqabi
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Occupation: Housewife
Religion: Islam
Interests: World War II, Jews, Hebrew, ancient sites, Muslim rule in Spain, revolutions, Vatican city and Islamic literature.
Books: The black album, Portofino, Ladies coupe, In beautiful disguises, The buddhist of Suburbia, The hidden life of Otto Frank.
Contact: niqabified [at] gmail [dot] com
Quote: "We plan and Allah plans and Allah is the best of planners"


Previous Posts


Bloggers