Header
My ventilator. Read, comment and judge me not.
   

Sunday, July 10, 2005


I got this off a blog I used to read, three years ago. I wish I could provide the link to the blog, sadly I didn't save it. In any case, I think it has been deleted.

Here it is:


Bills comin' in
no income
what do you do?
Opportunities out there
are only a few
no help from anyone
this battle seems lost
for this life comes with such a great cost
watching the days go by
knowing the worst is yet to come
when you're nothing to society
just a useless bum
the frustration is endless
and there's no way out
is this what life is really about?
can't focus on anything
not on what counts
as I smoke my time away
and the problems mount
as high as they go
man, there's no way out.


posted by Niqabi at 8:24 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Niqabi said...

I love the simplicity of that poem. Nah I don't do poetry, I won't even go near it. I wrote my first poem in class three on, guess what?

Abbey!

I found this word in the dictionary and without even knowing what it means wrote a few crappy lines about it. It was only later, around 1997 when I came to know what abbey is --after watching Diana's funeral in Westminister Abbey.

Anyway, after that I didn't do any serious poetry, just a few ryhmes.

Tell Zainab, to make ANOTHER blog, she just keeps deleting em, stick to it and post her poetry.

thanx for commentin

take care,

salams

4:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Profile
Name: Niqabi
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Occupation: Housewife
Religion: Islam
Interests: World War II, Jews, Hebrew, ancient sites, Muslim rule in Spain, revolutions, Vatican city and Islamic literature.
Books: The black album, Portofino, Ladies coupe, In beautiful disguises, The buddhist of Suburbia, The hidden life of Otto Frank.
Contact: niqabified [at] gmail [dot] com
Quote: "We plan and Allah plans and Allah is the best of planners"


Previous Posts


Bloggers