Header
My ventilator. Read, comment and judge me not.
   

Wednesday, June 29, 2005


Assalam Alykum peeps,
How are y'all? I'm great too. Its 3:50 pm in Pakistan right now and that means we are well into early evening or late afternoon. It drizzled last night and alhamdolilah the temperature has dropped from 40 something to early 30 something. Lovely. And I officially start my summer holidays from today. Well the word 'officially' hardly brings any flavour but its worth using.

Okay, yesterday a cousin of mine and her family visited us and we were talking about schools, education etc. and Allah hu akbar she is SO ambitious! She's over-flowing with ambition! Please note that i don't, in any way, envy her. I find that a bit ridiculous, to be honest. And yes its probably because I'm not as enthusiastic about careers as she is. And yes its also because I'm slightly jealous. And yes I'm a cow.
But this is not the point. She wants to take sociology outav all the subjects she's been offered! Not to sound selfish or anything but that MY subject and I don't want anyone in my family to take that up! Full stop. That would ruin my exclusivality, lol. Plus, she is planning to do it from our school.

I DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN EITHER!!


Ok it doesn't even end here, that subject-stealer wants to give an exam for O level sociology this November! And she is planning on to prepare from MY book!!! Now who the hell gave her the IDEA to take sociolgy? That's an important question, surely she couldn't have thought about it herself. I tried my best to stop her and discourage her in every way possible but her determination seemed to grow by the minute. It isn't fair, really. I'm feeling crushed. If she's taking sociology, she should take english literature as well then.

I've got two major dilemmas to deal with:

*How to stop S from taking sociology
*How to stop S from enrolling in this branch

Why do bad things happen to good people?? Can't she just take psychology, Arts, Urdu and ANYTHING but sociology!

She's known for her stubborness and if we see it positively, her 'determination'. I'm feeling so darn helpless.


posted by Niqabi at 3:45 AM

6 Comments:

Blogger ATY said...

chijji i think even if she does take lit she drop it like a hot stone right away...there's a reason y there r less than a dozen girls taking lit...
abt this cousin...hmmm...
well, u two r the best judge of whether she shud be in this branch or not...but i think u're being too, too hard on her.
y can't she be where u are? baychari ko itna bura na samjho...u let her come and i'll take her off ur hands if u dun want to hang out with her ok?

10:17 AM

  Blogger Maha said...

aww i so totally understand what you mean...everyone above me makes sense, but none of em can stop S from taking socio..
You and I both know that there is only ONE real way out of this problem...
The *END*-
don't question, just DO IT..:D
*evil laugh*

12:32 PM

  Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey gal, i can relate! (im ur other half, remember?!)
try some black magic if ur REALLY desperate lol - or shave her eyebrows while she sleeps; that way, maybe she'l give up the idea of college all together and her ambition will slowly DIE! eheh! ;)

1:28 PM

  Blogger Niqabi said...

WO...!
Six caw-ments...plain lovely!

Cloaked: I am SO honoured to receive your comment, knowing that you hardly ever EVER comment. Thank you very much. Ameen to your dua, luvya.

Maximeg:

She wants to be a psychologist. Although sociology is not DIRECTLY related to psychology but atleast its better than taking subjects like 'government & politics' and 'law' etc.

Instead of being all polite and charming ill just tell her she cannot study sociology. Its wayyy too hard for her.

Thanx for commentin


Chij bachee: I'm praying she doesn't come to this school, insha'Allah. But I would love to give her the idea of taking literature...that'd be evil and sweet of me, eh.

ATY: lol you're always the wise one ! Giving out TT advices...! Yeah I know I'm tight about her, hence the phrase:

'yes and I'm a cow' :D

I don't want her here not because she's bad or something but because...she's a cousin! And you don't know how its like to study with a cousin. How could you ever understand the torture...

Em Tiddi: You always have the BEST and the quickest solution. I'm for it...100%. THATS the kind of advice i was looking for. thankes you-us. :P


Zainab: Wow...your ideas are outrageous! Well slighly less intense than em tiddi's 'end' but still good enough. Straight from the early 1970 hippe era. I think i'll settle for both of them. First...shaving, then *the end*.


Wow...S should seriously come here and read this plan plotted against her. Out of six people only one is supporting her. Now thats saying something!

4:18 AM

  Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are so bad influence what the hell black magic you shoudl wish for your cousin what you wish for yourself

5:00 AM

  Blogger Niqabi said...

ermm..im sorry anonymous.

7:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Profile
Name: Niqabi
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Occupation: Housewife
Religion: Islam
Interests: World War II, Jews, Hebrew, ancient sites, Muslim rule in Spain, revolutions, Vatican city and Islamic literature.
Books: The black album, Portofino, Ladies coupe, In beautiful disguises, The buddhist of Suburbia, The hidden life of Otto Frank.
Contact: niqabified [at] gmail [dot] com
Quote: "We plan and Allah plans and Allah is the best of planners"


Previous Posts


Bloggers