Header
My ventilator. Read, comment and judge me not.
   

Sunday, June 26, 2005


I have no idea what exactly made me take a break from blogging for a while. I've raced through my mind again and again to see if there is a single valid reason somewhere but no, there isn't one. And knowing the reason is not even important.

Our house maid was chucked out some time ago and we're still maidless. That is a hard state to be in, I tell you. The day starts with an endless list of chores to be done and the day ends with me wanting nothing more from life than a peaceful sleep. All I've been doing is washing dishes, washing clothes, cleaning, sweeping, sweating and bathing. Work on its own is fairy easy to do but its the weather that is makes it worse. Its simply unbearable. I won't say its hot, or burning or boiling, these words just don't do justice with the actual situation. The fact that I'm in the process of being domesticated also changes my general appraoch towards life. For one, I don't want to whine anymore. I don't want to complain about things that are better left ignored. I don't want to write and record everything that goes on in my life anymore. That was plain stupid. I don't want to be dependant on the internet and people for happiness. Well, ok now that was a confession in disguise. But that was true, for a long looong time. I have no idea how the last one can be succesfully achieved but I want to get there. Real fast. And I don't need a 'best friend' to make me feel like a normal person. I have many, and with each of them I share something about myself. It doesn't really matter if I don't get that single-bestest-closest-friend-who-knows-everything-about-me. I'm divided among seven best friends and that's fine!

We're all different in our own ways. So what if my ways are more different than others?


posted by Niqabi at 1:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Profile
Name: Niqabi
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Occupation: Housewife
Religion: Islam
Interests: World War II, Jews, Hebrew, ancient sites, Muslim rule in Spain, revolutions, Vatican city and Islamic literature.
Books: The black album, Portofino, Ladies coupe, In beautiful disguises, The buddhist of Suburbia, The hidden life of Otto Frank.
Contact: niqabified [at] gmail [dot] com
Quote: "We plan and Allah plans and Allah is the best of planners"


Previous Posts


Bloggers