Header
My ventilator. Read, comment and judge me not.
   

Saturday, April 30, 2005


Its April th 30-officially, the day Hitler committed suicide and the day I was born and the day Em tiddi was born. All this didn't happen in the same year, though. But still its pretty eventful. Hitler's unexpected suicide is equally important if not less. Although it happened a good 50 years ago but the Jews have every reason on earth to celebrate this day, 50 years, 100, 1000 years, doesn't matter. Who can forget the torture of gas chambers.

Anyway, I'm writing this today (29th April) so I don't know how I'm going to spend my birthday. I do have a wonderful sociology class to attend in the morning to commence my day. An exciting prospect that is. My mum's plans of going to peshawar unfortunetly didn't materialise so here we are with her. I wish she could attend the wedding because she's so in love with that part of her family and she likes all the small cities of Pakistan. But....that is life.

I'll be turning 18 in just 10 minutes so I better prepare. I know its stupid but I used to think that I'll never be 18, either I'll die before that or....well the other option is just too childish. It feels good to be so old and I love to look down on 17 year olds.

I don't have any resolves. Strange, han. I know.

Insha'Allah I hope to have a happy, imanful life, it doesn't need to be very long, Ameen thumameen.



Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven't got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die--Oscar Wilde.

The quote is totally inappropriate, I know but its just so true I couldn't resist.


posted by Niqabi at 12:14 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i called you so many times but your telephone line was busy ... so thought of droppin in a message here:)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART!
i LURVE you :)

(socho yaar! 18! mashallah you've grown up! *smiles* )

12:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Profile
Name: Niqabi
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Occupation: Housewife
Religion: Islam
Interests: World War II, Jews, Hebrew, ancient sites, Muslim rule in Spain, revolutions, Vatican city and Islamic literature.
Books: The black album, Portofino, Ladies coupe, In beautiful disguises, The buddhist of Suburbia, The hidden life of Otto Frank.
Contact: niqabified [at] gmail [dot] com
Quote: "We plan and Allah plans and Allah is the best of planners"


Previous Posts


Bloggers