Header
My ventilator. Read, comment and judge me not.
   

Sunday, April 24, 2005


Yesterday was certainly eventful - in every sense of the word!

I chatted with a net friend after 3 long years. She was 18 and I was 15 when we first talked and now she's 21 and I'm 18. Wow!

While talking to her suddenly I felt so nostalgic, remembering how I used to sit online for hours at a stretch doing nothing but chatting and how much I've changed since then. I have changed in many ways. Some for the better and some not. I'm sure of it because she asked me :


oh i want to ask you, are you still scared of the dark?

Ofcourse I'm not anymore, but it makes me laugh that I was scared of the dark until just three ago. I don't know how the fear evaporated because it was one thing I thought would never leave me. I guess I didn't have any real issues on my mind back then, that little stupid fears constantly hogged my thoughts.
I started talking to her on 15 th Dec and she promised to buy a microphone the following year so that we can have a voice conversation. She still hasn't bought it.
I asked her if her mum is still against niqab and she replied in the affirmative. Her mum was of the view that if you take niqab you wouldn't get any rishas (proposals) and obviously she hasn't moved from her stance because her daughter is still unmarried. Funny how everything changes with time, but mothers.

So much has happened in those three years we didn't talk, but still we were able to catch up with not only the important events but on all the minute details as well. And later after an hour's chat when she said

i feel so happy chatting to you

it made my day!


Besides that, anisha received my jiffy yesterday. Alhamdolilah. I'm glad she liked it. My dearest cousiness prepared a wonderful meal for me...it was unexpected and a VERY pleasant surprise. Jazakallah one million times. Another friend gave an emotional but very sweet speech.


"if you need to cry and i sense it, I will pull ur eyes out and make you wail like a baby"

That's only a part of it, the rest is too personal to disclose.

I love you two very much.


posted by Niqabi at 2:25 AM

<< Home

   Profile
Name: Niqabi
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Occupation: Housewife
Religion: Islam
Interests: World War II, Jews, Hebrew, ancient sites, Muslim rule in Spain, revolutions, Vatican city and Islamic literature.
Books: The black album, Portofino, Ladies coupe, In beautiful disguises, The buddhist of Suburbia, The hidden life of Otto Frank.
Contact: niqabified [at] gmail [dot] com
Quote: "We plan and Allah plans and Allah is the best of planners"


Previous Posts


Bloggers