Header
My ventilator. Read, comment and judge me not.
   

Saturday, January 15, 2005

A serious issue.


The intensity of emotional stir-up within my small circle of friends has left me faintly startled and drained of strength. I'm not accustomed to such big show of emotions, hence I don't know how to react to them. My only way to handle such situations is to keep talking no matter what, but sometimes it rubs up people the wrong way.
Yesterday, I witnessed an argument between two of my freind the likes of which I've never seen before. None of them was willing to back down and the spiteful conversation ended with an about-to-cry A and a stamping S. A terrible sight to behold, I must say. My own efforts to curb the tension in the air were futile and by the end of it I got so sick , I simply ran away. :)
I really don't understand how could people start to 'feel' so many diverse emotions stirring up at the same time and actually show them in public ! Isn't it very embarassing? At any rate, it is for me.
Every little thing is blown out of proportion which is actually just a matter of misunderstanding and stupidity for some. I hope the friction will subside by the time we meet again, insha'Allah. My friends are endlessly amusing people, with contrasting personalities and conflicting ideas , god knows how they're able to stick togather for so long . They live on an emotional diet of bickering, nervous tension and senstivity.
I'm desperately trying to understand the unexpected actions and the functioning of my friends' mind and emotions. They simply don't make sense sometimes.


posted by Niqabi at 3:17 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Maha said...

So that's why you ran away?!?! Gosh man, you need exposure to grammarians-no, you need exposure to all normal, emotional, *freakish* girls:)!
I can see why you get so confused around your fighting and ultra emotional friends...and i am so sure it is really hard to handle when you have never been around anyone with such fluctuating mood swings! All i can say is that, this is just the beginning...*good luck* for the next two years:P:P
lol...
Actually, all i can say is that we(grammarians) have been brought up in a friendly environment where we tell everyone when we are upset and everyone sees that we are happy! It is unusual for us to see inexpressive people; so it may be a li'l hard for u to get used to the whole *emotional scene!*
Khair, if you keep being yourself and talking while the other person is upset, they might get used to you and might adapt your ways of hiding their real emotions!:)
Don't worry too much about ur friends' moods-they'll hopefully improve with time!
:)!

12:01 PM

  Blogger Niqabi said...

First of loads of jazakallahs to both of you for finding the time to write such thoughtful....thoughts.


Em Tiddi: Yes, you're very right in pointing out my ignorance of emotional tantrums.I seriously need to know more about them to cope with my freinds. Insha'Allah I'll get the hang of it .Just be my frd...:)

Chij-Bachee:What can I say? I'm your cousin and you're my beloved cousin. You write , me write its all the same , hahahah ! Please try to read this exactly the way I'm pronouncing it now .If you don't know how to..
contact me here
07919207148

11:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Profile
Name: Niqabi
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Occupation: Housewife
Religion: Islam
Interests: World War II, Jews, Hebrew, ancient sites, Muslim rule in Spain, revolutions, Vatican city and Islamic literature.
Books: The black album, Portofino, Ladies coupe, In beautiful disguises, The buddhist of Suburbia, The hidden life of Otto Frank.
Contact: niqabified [at] gmail [dot] com
Quote: "We plan and Allah plans and Allah is the best of planners"


Previous Posts


Bloggers